Saturday, August 13, 2011

The day has come and gone

I am just getting a chance to come to terms with all the emotions and the ability to write about it. It has been more challenging than I expected it to be..The next time I see him he will be all the things heroes are made of...a soldier in the United States Army. The pride I feel outshines the loneliness that has settled in. The highlight of my life has now become the daily walk to my mailbox..needless to say Sundays are hard. Any day I can open a letter that he has sealed and read about his days always bring a much needed smile. Any time I can have a piece of him is a good day.
Sept. 28th can't come soon enough for us. I'm so proud of my husband for his sacrifices and will be counting down the days until we can see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment